The Daily BS • Bo Snerdley Cuts Through It!
The Daily BS • Bo Snerdley Cuts Through It!

Get my Daily BS twice-a-day news stack directly to your email.


Lawrence Jones explains his sudden ‘Fox & Friends’ absence

by

 

BS BULLETIN

  • Lawrence Jones revealed Thursday that another detached retina forced him to undergo a second eye surgery Wednesday.
  • The Fox & Friends co-host says the recurring problem traces back to a childhood sports injury.
  • Jones thanked viewers and his Fox colleagues, saying, “I’m optimistic that I’ll be back soon!”

Mystery solved for viewers wondering why Lawrence Jones suddenly disappeared from the Fox & Friends couch this week — and thankfully, the popular co-host sounds determined to get back there soon.

Jones revealed Thursday that he underwent another operation Wednesday after suffering a second detached retina, a recurrence of the serious eye problem that required emergency surgery earlier this year.

“Regrettably, I’ve sustained another retina detachment, which is common after the initial tear,” Jones wrote in a message to his followers. “Yesterday, I underwent surgery again with the best care team.”

Jones said doctors have since traced the original retinal damage to a childhood sports injury. He thanked his Fox colleagues, network management and viewers for their “unwavering support during this challenging time,” adding the words his audience will be happiest to hear: “I’m optimistic that I’ll be back soon!”

The latest surgery comes roughly seven months after Jones underwent an operation to repair a detached retina in his right eye. He had begun noticing vision problems late last year but initially didn’t believe they were serious enough to warrant immediate medical attention. After eventually seeing a specialist, he learned that the problem was much more serious. “And I’m glad I did because it ended up being something more serious,” Jones later said of finally getting the problem checked.

Jones returned to Fox & Friends in early February while he was still recovering, openly discussing the surgery and thanking viewers for their encouragement. The 33-year-old Jones joined Fox News in 2018 and became a permanent weekday co-host of Fox & Friends in 2023 after previously hosting Lawrence Jones Cross Country.

There is no firm date yet for his return. For now, Jones is recovering — and judging from his message Thursday, already looking forward to getting back to work.

MY QUICK TAKE

There are plenty of stories around here where we sharpen the knives and have some fun. This isn’t one of them.

Lawrence Jones is a talented young man with a bright future, and more importantly, he seems to understand something increasingly rare in television: the audience matters. You can hear it in the way he talks to viewers, and you could see it earlier this year when he came back before he was completely healed because he wanted people to see the recovery rather than magically reappear when everything looked perfect.

So we’ll save the snark for the politicians — Lord knows they’re providing enough material to keep us employed indefinitely. For Lawrence, just one message from this corner: Heal up, young man. The curvy couch isn’t going anywhere.


DBS WIRE SOURCES: