The Daily BS • Bo Snerdley Cuts Through It!
The Daily BS • Bo Snerdley Cuts Through It!

Get my Daily BS twice-a-day news stack directly to your email.


Irate Trump declares war on ‘Milktoast’ Shannon Bream — says ‘even Chris Wallace was better’

by

BS BULLETIN

  • President Trump unloaded on Shannon Bream twice Sunday, accusing Fox News Sunday of being hostile to MAGA and using outdated images of the White House construction project.
  • Bream pressed Attorney General Todd Blanche on why Trump won’t simply seek congressional approval. Blanche replied: “We don’t believe we have to go to Congress.”
  • The administration has now asked the Supreme Court to let construction continue while the legal fight plays out.

President Donald Trump apparently reached his limit with Fox News Sunday — and Shannon Bream caught both barrels.

Trump ripped into Bream in two Truth Social posts Sunday after her program scrutinized the legal fight surrounding his massive White House East Wing project, which combines the long-planned ballroom with an administration-described military and security complex.

The president’s second broadside was particularly pointed.

Trump complained that Bream’s program showed “months old” pictures of the construction site rather than more recent images depicting the progress of the project. He said the most difficult work was now “substantially complete,” with work on the roof and so-called “DronePort” expected to begin shortly.

Then came the Trumpian nickname.

“Why didn’t Shannon Bream, ‘Milktoast’ to her friends, show the updated pictures instead of ones that were so old and irrelevant?” Trump wrote.

Yes, the conventional spelling is “milquetoast.” Trump went with “Milktoast.” And judging from the rest of the post, spelling was hardly the point.

Trump accused Fox News Sunday of being “so biased against MAGA, ‘TRUMP,’ and Republicans, that it is ridiculous!” He also took shots at Bret Baier and what he called Fox’s “Fake Polls.”

And then came perhaps the greatest insult Trump could deliver to the current host of Fox News Sunday:

“Even Chris Wallace was better, and he was really bad.”

Trump’s fury followed a substantive exchange on Bream’s program with newly confirmed Attorney General Todd Blanche. Fox News’ own coverage says Blanche discussed the administration’s Supreme Court filing concerning the White House construction dispute during the Sunday interview.

Bream zeroed in on the obvious legal and political question: If courts are objecting to the administration moving ahead without congressional authorization, why not simply ask Congress? “Why not just go to Congress?” Bream asked.

“We don’t believe we have to go to Congress,” Blanche replied.

That is now the heart of the fight.

The D.C. Circuit ruled 2-1 that the project could not proceed without congressional approval, although it temporarily paused the effect of its order to give the administration time to seek Supreme Court intervention. The Trump administration did exactly that Friday, asking the justices to permit construction to continue during the appeal.

The project is considerably more complicated than the word “ballroom” might suggest.

The administration says the 90,000-square-foot project includes substantial security and military components, including defensive features and underground facilities. In its Supreme Court filing, the government has argued that interrupting construction raises national-security concerns.

Trump has been making that case publicly for weeks. Earlier this month, he released an aerial image of the construction and described the project as being built in cooperation with the Secret Service and military. He said the planned DronePort would sit above the ballroom and insisted the ballroom itself was being paid for by private donors rather than taxpayers.

Much of the coverage continues to reduce the dispute to “Trump’s ballroom,” while the administration increasingly describes the construction as a broader military and security complex.

Trump had already attacked Bream earlier Sunday, comparing watching her program to watching CNN and declaring Fox News Sunday “beyond redemption.” His second post made clear that he wasn’t merely irritated by a question. He believes portions of Fox’s ostensibly straight-news operation are presenting his administration through the same hostile filter he has battled throughout his political career.

And he wasn’t interested in keeping that disagreement inside the Fox family.


DBS WIRE SOURCES: